Recent comments
  • Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   3 years 39 weeks ago

Tool-themed snail: There would have been more famous O'Toole's featured, but I ran out of them after two.

For the RFL Winter-themed race, I went for an ice snail look:

Tool snail 2Tool snail 2

Tool snail 1Tool snail 1

Ice snail 1Ice snail 1

Ice snail 2Ice snail 2

• Cobras @ Wolves   3 years 40 weeks ago

I love the new look of the broadcast, the intro song and the sounds. Makes it all look even more spectacular, good job. :)

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   3 years 40 weeks ago

Put on your overalls and grab your tool belt, it's Tools theme this week at the Giant Snail races.
    Come on down to Hawthorne and watch the snails swing their hammers, saw and build through several races. We'll construct a fun and entertaining show for you.

Tools Snail 1: Here is my Tools themed snailTools Snail 1: Here is my Tools themed snailTools Snail 2: From the front. Hair in braids with blue bows, wearing a hard hat. Safety glasses worn over the eyes. Wearing blue work overalls, hammer in the left feeler, screwdriver in the right. Work shoes worn on the "feet" feelers. Drool replaced with falling screws, nuts and bolts.Tools Snail 2: From the front. Hair in braids with blue bows, wearing a hard hat. Safety glasses worn over the eyes. Wearing blue work overalls, hammer in the left feeler, screwdriver in the right. Work shoes worn on the "feet" feelers. Drool replaced with falling screws, nuts and bolts.Tools Snail 3: From the side. Red toolbox on top of the shell, shell partly constructed in wood, exposed unfinished frame in the back. "Women at Work" warning signs on the side with blinkiing warning lights, building permit at the back. Saw, drill and hammer on top of the name plate, name in a tools font. Work bucket hanging from a rope and pulley at the back.Tools Snail 3: From the side. Red toolbox on top of the shell, shell partly constructed in wood, exposed unfinished frame in the back. "Women at Work" warning signs on the side with blinkiing warning lights, building permit at the back. Saw, drill and hammer on top of the name plate, name in a tools font. Work bucket hanging from a rope and pulley at the back.Tools Snail 4: From the back. Back view of the exposed unfinished frame and hanging work buckets. Under construction sign with flashing warning lights on the back and couple warning cones.Tools Snail 4: From the back. Back view of the exposed unfinished frame and hanging work buckets. Under construction sign with flashing warning lights on the back and couple warning cones.

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   3 years 41 weeks ago

Yabba, Dabba, Doo...

It's a caveman theme this week at the Giant Snail Races. So put on your leopard skin, grab your club and catch the next pterodactyl to Hawthore for a grand old time of snail racing.

Caveman Snail 1: Here is my caveman snail...or should I say cave-woman snail, Wilma.Caveman Snail 1: Here is my caveman snail...or should I say cave-woman snail, Wilma.Caveman Snail 2: From the front. Red hair in a Wilma style with a bone through it. White dress, rock necklace and earrings. Drool replaced with falling rocks.Caveman Snail 2: From the front. Red hair in a Wilma style with a bone through it. White dress, rock necklace and earrings. Drool replaced with falling rocks.Caveman Snail 3: From the side. Shell done in a granite texture. Flintstones and Rubbles on the side. Flintstones car on top, Fred driving with animated spinning wheels and moving road bed. Name done in a chiseled granite font framed in wood beams.Caveman Snail 3: From the side. Shell done in a granite texture. Flintstones and Rubbles on the side. Flintstones car on top, Fred driving with animated spinning wheels and moving road bed. Name done in a chiseled granite font framed in wood beams.

• Gracie Kendal & Eliza Wierwight   3 years 42 weeks ago

I'm a very bad Creator/Artist/Designer/Person not to have stopped by here to thank you and your team at Metaverse Arts for the support of my work and the Arts Community in Second Life prior to now. As my first foray onto SL TV though nervous as sin it was so enjoyable. You've a very slick team and a friendly approach, good luck with all future endeavours.

~Eliza Wierwight

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   3 years 42 weeks ago

Curiouser and Curiouser...

We travel down the rabbit hole today at the giant snail races and head down with Alice to Wonderland. Enjoy some time at the tea party, paint some roses red, and watch the snails run a caucus-race around the track in Hawthorne.

Alice in Wonderland Snail 1: My Alice in Wonderland SnailAlice in Wonderland Snail 1: My Alice in Wonderland SnailAlice in Wonderland Snail 2: From the front. Alice snail, blonde hair with black bow, blue dress with a white apron, choaker around the neck. The word "Curiouser" falling in place of the drool.Alice in Wonderland Snail 2: From the front. Alice snail, blonde hair with black bow, blue dress with a white apron, choaker around the neck. The word "Curiouser" falling in place of the drool.Alice in Wonderland Snail 3: From the side. Shell in an purple striped, animated Cheshire cat texture. Cheshire cats eyes and smile in the middle, surrounded by various characters from Wonderland. Name in a Alice font, animated background. Floating tea set on top.Alice in Wonderland Snail 3: From the side. Shell in an purple striped, animated Cheshire cat texture. Cheshire cats eyes and smile in the middle, surrounded by various characters from Wonderland. Name in a Alice font, animated background. Floating tea set on top.Alice in Wonderland Snail 4: From the back. See the floating tea set from behind. On the back of the shell is a card soldier and some singing flowers.Alice in Wonderland Snail 4: From the back. See the floating tea set from behind. On the back of the shell is a card soldier and some singing flowers.

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   3 years 42 weeks ago

Another fun week of Giant Snail racing. This week is a cup race taking place over in the Bay City sims. Grab your leather jacket or your poodle skirt as it's a 50's sock hop theme this week. Rock around the clock as you watch the snail race and you too might find your thrill on blueberry hill.

50's Sock Hop Snail 1: It's a blast to the past with my 50's Sock Hop Snail.50's Sock Hop Snail 1: It's a blast to the past with my 50's Sock Hop Snail.50's Sock Hop Snail 2: From the front. Red hair in pig tails with pink bobble hair ties. Pink poodle skirt, pink sweater with a white button up blouse, pink scarf around the neck. Black and white shoes with white bobby socks on the feelers. Drool replaced with falling musical notes.50's Sock Hop Snail 2: From the front. Red hair in pig tails with pink bobble hair ties. Pink poodle skirt, pink sweater with a white button up blouse, pink scarf around the neck. Black and white shoes with white bobby socks on the feelers. Drool replaced with falling musical notes.50's Sock Hop Snail 3: From the side. Shell done in a shinny light blue paint job, with chrome accents. Spinning record player on top, belting out tunes, tray next to it with sodas, milkshakes, hamburgers and fries. Jukebox on the side, along with some musical notes and an additional selection of records. Name on the side done in chrome in a 50's font with a shinny pink background.50's Sock Hop Snail 3: From the side. Shell done in a shinny light blue paint job, with chrome accents. Spinning record player on top, belting out tunes, tray next to it with sodas, milkshakes, hamburgers and fries. Jukebox on the side, along with some musical notes and an additional selection of records. Name on the side done in chrome in a 50's font with a shinny pink background.50's Sock Hop Snail 4: From the back. Brake lights and chrome bumper, personalized 50's California license plate in the back.50's Sock Hop Snail 4: From the back. Brake lights and chrome bumper, personalized 50's California license plate in the back.50's Sock Hop Snail 5: From the top. A closer look at the spinning record player and all the yummy foods on the tray.50's Sock Hop Snail 5: From the top. A closer look at the spinning record player and all the yummy foods on the tray.

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   3 years 43 weeks ago

Snail racing is hell...

Which happens to be the theme for this weeks race, as Wae calls it, The Hell. Come on down to Hawthorne to watch things heat up, it might fan the flames for your desire to race. I just know you're in for a hell of a good time.

Hell MK II Snail 1: My Hell MKII Snail. Used some elements from the original 6th snail I built with this theme, Horns, flaming drool and jewelry, the rest is all new.Hell MK II Snail 1: My Hell MKII Snail. Used some elements from the original 6th snail I built with this theme, Horns, flaming drool and jewelry, the rest is all new.Hell MK II Snail 2: From the front. Red skin on the snail, red glowing eyes, glowing orange hair, topped with red horns generating a flame "crown" between them. Dark purple heart earrings, flame gem key to hell necklace. Drooling flames. Dress in an animated flowing lava texture. Flaming tips to the "hand" feelers, "feet" feelers with black hooves.Hell MK II Snail 2: From the front. Red skin on the snail, red glowing eyes, glowing orange hair, topped with red horns generating a flame "crown" between them. Dark purple heart earrings, flame gem key to hell necklace. Drooling flames. Dress in an animated flowing lava texture. Flaming tips to the "hand" feelers, "feet" feelers with black hooves.Hell MK II Snail 3: From the side. Shell in a flowing animated flame/lava texture, pointy flaming devils tail in back. Name plate done in a yellow and red flame font.Hell MK II Snail 3: From the side. Shell in a flowing animated flame/lava texture, pointy flaming devils tail in back. Name plate done in a yellow and red flame font.

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   3 years 43 weeks ago

What could be more Valentines-ish than hearts and flowers? And a good excuse to dig out my Wizard of Oz chain again.

Valentine snail 1Valentine snail 1

Valentine snail 2Valentine snail 2

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   3 years 44 weeks ago

Love is in the air...

It's a Valentine theme at the Giant Snail Races this week, with hearts, love, romance and all the gushy stuff. So grab your sweetheart, or come alone, get your heart on and come on down to Hawthorne for this love filled race.

Valentine MK II Snail 1: Here is my Valentine MK II snail. Rebuilt from the original 8th snail I made, I used some elements from the original but due to major improvements in both the base snail and my modding capabilities, I've rebuilt the snail for the Valentines theme.Valentine MK II Snail 1: Here is my Valentine MK II snail. Rebuilt from the original 8th snail I made, I used some elements from the original but due to major improvements in both the base snail and my modding capabilities, I've rebuilt the snail for the Valentines theme.Valentine MK II Snail 2: From the front. Long red hair with a heart textured hair bow and pink heart shaped hair comb. Red heart and pearl earrings and red heart necklace. Wearing a pink heart textured dress, white socks and red shoes. Drool replaced with various falling hearts.Valentine MK II Snail 2: From the front. Long red hair with a heart textured hair bow and pink heart shaped hair comb. Red heart and pearl earrings and red heart necklace. Wearing a pink heart textured dress, white socks and red shoes. Drool replaced with various falling hearts.Valentine MK II Snail 3: From the side. Shell in a red and pink heart texture. Gold and red hearts on the side. Rotating red hearts on top, pink hearts with yellow ribbons on top of the name plate, cute picture of kissing cupids in the middle. Name plate done in a Valentine heart font.Valentine MK II Snail 3: From the side. Shell in a red and pink heart texture. Gold and red hearts on the side. Rotating red hearts on top, pink hearts with yellow ribbons on top of the name plate, cute picture of kissing cupids in the middle. Name plate done in a Valentine heart font.

• HBO When Strangers Click Interview   3 years 45 weeks ago

To Find out more about this interview go to http://tonightlivewithpaisleybeebe.com . You can watch the entire episode here http://treet.tv/shows/tonightlive/episodes/tlpb-06feb11 which includes Bara singing live on the show, and other guests including artist Gracie Kendal creator of the 1000 Avatars project, and Enoch Mildor from the Vampire Themed sim Trueblood.

See more about the show at: http://tonightlivewithpaisleybeebe.com
    Gracie Kendals 1000 Avatars at: http://1000avatars.wordpress.com
    True Blood Vampire Ballroom at: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hypnotic/53/31/22
    When Strangers Click documentary at: http://hbo.com/docs

• Linden Homes - one year on! Designing Worlds pays a visit   3 years 45 weeks ago

I'm sorry about this, Ponsonby! I'll correct it on the blogs :-)

• Gracie Kendal, Bara Jonson & Robert Kenner   3 years 45 weeks ago

I've included individual Clips for this show. Go to the "Clips For This Episode" tab above and you can watch each interview separately if you wish. If you want promote a clip by linking to it, just copy the address from the address bar above once the clip is open. You can also add any of the video's to a blog by right clicking and copying the embed code for that part of the show, either the full show or the individual clip/interview, and add it to your own website or blog. Just copy the code to the html code in a page or post. regards Paisley

• Welcome! (sort of)   3 years 45 weeks ago

It's been a year since your "Welcome" post. Has this been abandoned?

I was so excited to be featured on the show! And I loved seeing what others have done with their Linden Homes (my first was a Plumtree and it's still my favorite, so it was particularly nice to see one so beautifully furnished).

One note: the link under "P Low Low P Studio", for anyone interested in my Wizard's Retreat furnishings or other items by me, was to another person's shop at one point. It may well have been updated by the time anyone reads this, but just in case, a good SLurl from which to get to the Wizards items and other is:

Thanks for including me in this fascinating show! The Linden Homes are a great value for anyone new to SL and a nice retreat for us oldbies, and your show highlighted some great ideas for making the Homes into showplaces.

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   3 years 45 weeks ago

Happy New Year...Chinese New Year that is.

And that's the theme this week on Hawthorne for the Giant Snail Races. It also happens to be the year of the rabbit, just perfect for RacerX. So wiggle that nose and hop on down to watch the races.

Chinese New Year Snail 1: Here is my Chinese New Year SnailChinese New Year Snail 1: Here is my Chinese New Year SnailChinese New Year Snail 2: From the front. Hair in a updo with hair sticks and flowers. Head replaced with bunny head, brown fur on the neck, body and hand feelers. Foot feelers in white stockings and sandals. Wearing a pink flower kimono. Holding red cards for people which contain money or coins for luck. Drool replaced with falling lucky bunny coins.Chinese New Year Snail 2: From the front. Hair in a updo with hair sticks and flowers. Head replaced with bunny head, brown fur on the neck, body and hand feelers. Foot feelers in white stockings and sandals. Wearing a pink flower kimono. Holding red cards for people which contain money or coins for luck. Drool replaced with falling lucky bunny coins.Chinese New Year Snail 3: From the side. Shell in pink flower texture. Year of the rabbit picture on the side. Bunnies holding lucky coins on top, with a Chinese arch with lanterns hanging from it and the name plate. Poofy bunny tail in back.Chinese New Year Snail 3: From the side. Shell in pink flower texture. Year of the rabbit picture on the side. Bunnies holding lucky coins on top, with a Chinese arch with lanterns hanging from it and the name plate. Poofy bunny tail in back.

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   3 years 46 weeks ago

A few pics of my Wizard of Oz snail:

Tin Snail 1Tin Snail 1

Tin Snail 2Tin Snail 2

Tin Snail 3Tin Snail 3

The hat, axe, oil can and chain are the new 'Best things I've built in SL', and the snail is held together by 213 rivets :)

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   3 years 46 weeks ago

Follow the yellow brick road...

The theme for this weeks race is Wizard of Oz. This week is also a cup race away from the normal track at Hawthorne...it happens to be taking place, out of all places, my sim of Misty Acres. This week also happens to be my 50th pimped out themed snail, so woohoo to me. So catch a twister, put on your ruby slippers, ease on down the road to Misty Acres and watch the snails race around my sim.

Wizard of Oz Snail 1: Following the yellow brick road is my Dorothy Wizard of Oz snailWizard of Oz Snail 1: Following the yellow brick road is my Dorothy Wizard of Oz snailWizard of Oz Snail 2: From the front. Red hair in pigtail braids with blue bows. Wearing a blue gingham dress. "Feet" feelers decked out in white socks and ruby slippers. Holding basket with Toto in the right feeler. Drool replaced with falling poppies.Wizard of Oz Snail 2: From the front. Red hair in pigtail braids with blue bows. Wearing a blue gingham dress. "Feet" feelers decked out in white socks and ruby slippers. Holding basket with Toto in the right feeler. Drool replaced with falling poppies.Wizard of Oz Snail 3: From the side. Shell in a yellow brick texture. The Emerald City with a rainbow over head on top. The Scarecrow, Tinman, Dorothy and Cowardly Lion on the side. Above is Tinman's heart, Scarecrows brains and Lions courage. I also had help with this snail, my SL daughter Amber helped create it.Wizard of Oz Snail 3: From the side. Shell in a yellow brick texture. The Emerald City with a rainbow over head on top. The Scarecrow, Tinman, Dorothy and Cowardly Lion on the side. Above is Tinman's heart, Scarecrows brains and Lions courage. I also had help with this snail, my SL daughter Amber helped create it.

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   3 years 46 weeks ago

Here's a couple of pics of my Alice in Wonderland snail:

Alice snail 1Alice snail 1

Alice snail 2Alice snail 2

• Yellow Goddess Dress by Velvet Rythms   3 years 47 weeks ago

Stunning wonderful Showing the models were all so fabb
    thankyou
    and this looked lovely on the runway

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   3 years 48 weeks ago

Here's my 'color explosion' snail:

Color explosion snailColor explosion snail

Texture comes from a Google image search for 'color explosion', funnily enough. I had to re-do the hat and fins as I'd deleted them; they're still the best things I've built in SL :)

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   3 years 48 weeks ago

It's a world of living color....

Color Explosion is the theme this week at the giant snail races. So adjust your hues, tweek your tints and make your rainbow connection down to Hawthorne for this colorful race.

Color Explosion Snail 1: A colorful color explosion snail. Based on the original color explosion snail, used some elements from it, but as it had been my 9th snail and I've made improvements since in both snail and modding skill, this snail has been rebuilt.Color Explosion Snail 1: A colorful color explosion snail. Based on the original color explosion snail, used some elements from it, but as it had been my 9th snail and I've made improvements since in both snail and modding skill, this snail has been rebuilt.Color Explosion Snail 2: From the front. Wearing animated rainbow sunglasses, red hair with a rainbow bow in back and tied up with animated rainbow ties. Animated rainbow colored heart earrings and necklace. Wearing a very colorful, swirly outfit. Drool has been added to with additional colored bubbles. Snail nails in a animated rainbow colored swirl.Color Explosion Snail 2: From the front. Wearing animated rainbow sunglasses, red hair with a rainbow bow in back and tied up with animated rainbow ties. Animated rainbow colored heart earrings and necklace. Wearing a very colorful, swirly outfit. Drool has been added to with additional colored bubbles. Snail nails in a animated rainbow colored swirl.Color Explosion Snail 3: From the side. Swirling animated rainbow shell, with alternating animated rainbow marquee lights around the shell. Rainbow particles being spewed from the top. Name animated in rainbow colors with an animated rainbow marquee around it.Color Explosion Snail 3: From the side. Swirling animated rainbow shell, with alternating animated rainbow marquee lights around the shell. Rainbow particles being spewed from the top. Name animated in rainbow colors with an animated rainbow marquee around it.

• LeaderBoard Giant Snail, Season 6 weekend 6   3 years 49 weeks ago

cool weekend of races!
    we was waiting to see a great final race and really was a great great final race. The first surprise was Bloodsong, who pass directly to final race with a great second position in qualification race.
    Then in final race we had a really cool race. Tindy won clearly and now she is the first position in the season with 10 points over Gareth, who had a bad day and only was six place in the final.
    Really great race of Bloodsong and gollum, both of them was fighting till last meters, finally Bloodsong was second place really close with gollum in third place. Baldi keep the third position of the season with his four position but now he must be careful, Bloodsong and gollum going to fight to get this third position.
    We had 1 new snail, Saura Parx. Good done you all snails!

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   3 years 49 weeks ago

Snurky SnoodleSnurky SnoodleLink DemboLink DemboTindalia SoothsayerTindalia Soothsayer
    And The Winner was Snurky SnoodleSnurky Snoodle Creepy Circus Best of ShowSnurky Snoodle Creepy Circus Best of Show

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   3 years 49 weeks ago

Creepy Killer Clown for today's race :)

All custom textures. Hand drawn face. Took advantage of the advert shell's transparent level for the spatter. woowoo!
    creeepeeeeecreeepeeeeeCheck out that creepy closeupCheck out that creepy closeup
    Axe me no questions...Axe me no questions...