Recent comments
  • Mankind Tracer   6 years 42 weeks ago

Mankind Tracer is the absolute BEST live performer in all of Second Life. Forget all the awards, he is just plain AWESOME! Great guy to boot as far as I can tell

• What A Cynx!   6 years 42 weeks ago

I just wanted to say great show to my fellow boarders. It was a blast.

• Truelie Telling   6 years 42 weeks ago

Loved your set. Great place to have it too.

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   6 years 42 weeks ago

lol - I was so impressed with the phone booth that I didn't even notice the Dalek 'till now. Of course there were a few on the course too. :-)

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   6 years 42 weeks ago

After a few weeks, with the RFL race and the fashion show, we're back to regular snail racing. The theme this time is Doctor Who, and of course I've created a snail to fit that theme. Part of the snail is based on the 10th Doctor, portrayed by David Tennant. Mainly because I've only seen a few episodes with the 11th Doctor, portrayed by Matt Smith, so I don't know his version of the Doctor all that well.

Doctor Who Snail 1: The Doctor snail from the left side. A rotating Tardis, followed by a couple of Daleks on the back. All 11 Doctors pictures on the sides & a Doctor Who logo. An animated time votex texture on the shell.Doctor Who Snail 1: The Doctor snail from the left side. A rotating Tardis, followed by a couple of Daleks on the back. All 11 Doctors pictures on the sides & a Doctor Who logo. An animated time votex texture on the shell.Doctor Who Snail 2: Showing all the Doctors, 1st is upper left, then going clock wise, 11th in the center.Doctor Who Snail 2: Showing all the Doctors, 1st is upper left, then going clock wise, 11th in the center.Doctor Who Snail 3: Doctor snail from the front, 10th Doctors outfit, glasses, sonic screwdriver & Tardis key.Doctor Who Snail 3: Doctor snail from the front, 10th Doctors outfit, glasses, sonic screwdriver & Tardis key.Doctor Who Snail 4: Close up on the Dalek I built for the snail.Doctor Who Snail 4: Close up on the Dalek I built for the snail.

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   6 years 44 weeks ago

It's another "Relay for Life" race day. There is no general theme for RFL races, and normally I just go with my normal shell with the RFL logo attached. This time however I was inspired to make a new snail, literally at the last minute, because I couldn't sleep. Started at 2am Saturday morning, ended at 6am, and yes I finally got some sleep before the race.
    My avatar in SecondLife is currently pregnant, now my snail has gotten joked about in the past when my av's been pregnant, and this time has been no different. Not that I mind, as it's all in good fun, but that gave me the idea to try fit my snail to the jokes, and this is what I came up with.

Maternity Snail 1: Maternity Snail from the side, she's got quite the bellyMaternity Snail 1: Maternity Snail from the side, she's got quite the bellyMaternity Snail 2: From the front, bowl of pickles & ice cream in one hand, ultrasound picture of the baby in the otherMaternity Snail 2: From the front, bowl of pickles & ice cream in one hand, ultrasound picture of the baby in the otherMaternity Snail 3: Pregnant Snail from the back, with a few baby items attachedMaternity Snail 3: Pregnant Snail from the back, with a few baby items attached

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   6 years 45 weeks ago

It's 80's theme today at the Giant Snail Races. This is the decade I associate with best, it's when I was a teenager. So while I grew up with all sorts of music and culture, I still tend to favor the 80's most.

Still, I found this weeks snail the hardest to do, took the longest to build of all I've done so far. Trying to encompass the whole decade, at least in a small part, on one snail.

So like, oh my god, this was like my totally awesome and bitchin snail, Fer shur.

80's Snail 1: The 80's Snail80's Snail 1: The 80's Snail

80's Snail 2: All the things shown on the left side80's Snail 2: All the things shown on the left side

80's Snail 3: And what is displayed on the right side80's Snail 3: And what is displayed on the right side

80's Snail 4: The 80's snail from the back80's Snail 4: The 80's snail from the back

80's Snail 5: The 80's snail from the front80's Snail 5: The 80's snail from the front

Tindy's 80's Snail Facts
    ________________________________

Rubix's Cube - Sold by Ideal Toys in 1980, As of January 2009, 350 million cubes have sold worldwide.

MTV - Launched on August 1, 1981. First music video played was "Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles.

Halley's Comet - Visible from Earth every 75 to 76 years, last appeared in the inner Solar System in 1986.

Space Shuttle - Entering service in 1983–1985, came to an end with the tragic loss of the Challenger on January 28, 1986. Flights resumed with the launch of Discovery in September 1988.

Back to the Future - Released July 3rd, 1985. When released, it became the most successful film of the year, grossing more than $380 million worldwide.

Raiders of the Lost Ark - Released June 12th, 1981. Became the top grossing film of 1981, it remains one of the highest-grossing films ever made. Nominated for nine Academy Awards in 1982, won five.

Star Trek The Next Generation - First aired September 26th, 1987. Won 18 Primetime Emmys. Another 11 wins & 52 nominations. Ran for seven years from 1987 to 1994.

Cabbage Patch Kids - Coleco began mass-production in 1982. The Cabbage Patch Kids were later mass produced by other companies, including Hasbro, Mattel, Toys R Us, and currently Play Along.

IBM PC 5150 - Introduced on August 12th, 1981. Because of the success of the IBM Personal Computer, the term PC came to mean more specifically a microcomputer compatible with IBM's PC products.

Live Aid - Held on July 13th, 1985. The event was organized by Bob Geldof and Midge Ure to raise funds for famine relief in Ethiopia. An estimated 400 million viewers, across 60 countries, watched the live broadcast.

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Released on May 21st, 1980. It earned more than $538 million worldwide, making it the highest grossing film of 1980.

Star Wars Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi - Released on May 25th, 1983. The first film to use THX technology and grossed over $475 million worldwide.

Quantum Leap - First run on March 26th, 1989. The series featured a mix of comedy, drama and melodrama, social commentary, nostalgia and science fiction.

The Simpsons - Debuted on December 17th, 1989. The show has broadcast 461 episodes and the twenty-first season began airing on September 27, 2009. Homer's exclamatory catchphrase "D'oh!" has been adopted into the English lexicon.

Pacman - First released in Japan on May 22nd, 1980. Immensely popular in the United States from its original release to the present day, Pac-Man is universally considered as one of the classics of the medium, virtually synonymous with video games, and an icon of the 1980s popular culture.

Donkey Kong - Released in 1981, developed by Nintendo. The hero (Mario) and ape (Donkey Kong) became two of Nintendo's most popular characters.

Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles - Premiered on December 28th, 1987. Ran five days a week and aired weekday afternoons, from September 25, 1989 to September 17, 1993.

• Client Detection System   6 years 46 weeks ago

When CDS was first Released into SecondLife, I was like Okay Good work, finally we will have less work to do, until it detected and banned me from SecondLife, for using a so called illegal viewer. I am not going to deny as I have not denied this to the public. However what mostly upset me as well, is when the CDS Team was caught using Beta Data, which banned Two other friends of mine, for using emerald mistaking as Neil Life, Their appeals were never granted, nor did anyone contact me from CDS, and actually talk to me about anything or read the appeals when I provided full details, and Reason I was on the viewer before april 30th.

When it comes down to it this is what you failed to mentioned in your public statements. When a user is banned by CDS for any reason. There should be a limit of time they stay banned, due to the fact that Linden Lab knows about me, and I am still here today? Why because I copybot everyone, is that why I am still here over 2 months ago since I was detected?

Lets say for everyones sake that an Appeal is not granted, If we do not have a public database of who registered to what sim, and uses CDS, how do we file appeals to the people on those simulators, and explain to them. I Respect, and Understand how much you hate copybotters, and why you have it set to Autoban, but the CDS Team, will not lift the CDS ban, and can you please white list me. Honestly there is no way to Contact them, because We are immediately kicked off the simulator, and sent no info on who owns it, ect.

Also CDS does Violate section 3.8 OF the terms of service like it or not. You may deny this publically, but I know how you guys operate, and I know for a fact that you store IP addreses of peoples, you may not publically compare them to alternate accounts, or use the system to do that, But it is on a log without our concent, as well as operating system information, and other stuff which can be used to compromise our computer system. Which is aka spyware loaded, requesting data without concent from our PC's which is illegal, and again violation of 3.8. The Privacy policy is only in effect, if a person uses a roleplay system, or such system from you, which they have agreed to use themselfs via third party then this may be done legally. Data mining is violating privacy.

When CDS actually Wipes the entire Banlist, Gives full power to the owners, and stops playing COUNCIL, and GOD with CDS, then I will show them some respects. Also all data should be made public, as well as a way to publically apeal, on public forums as well. We are tired of being accused of using a copybot without proof. All you guys know for sure is that my viewer connecting Registered really close to another client, and registered as Second Life Open Source, which could have really been any type of viewer. Yeah it was an illegal one, and Damn right I love it, because it was way fast than emerald, loaded way faster, preformed better, Better combat enhancements, and all these extra percs. Before April 30th use of these viewers were not offically banned from SL, or illegal, and their policy was just do not copy anything.

So Honestly You guys in our view are just as bad as a copybotter without providing real evidence against me, or my two friends who were banned without reason to the public, Your names will be publically noted everywhere you go on the net. And More Creators will get copybotted even more by other people who want to prove that they can bypass CDS, as they have posted much on youtube, which is all publically noted VIA Google search engine.

So After all My Question is why CDS does not address these concerns, or take care of them, Grief other residents, and Break the TOS Itself. Skills Hak aparently does not care and laughs, which is no laughing matter, and Just proves how much he really cares about the community.

This Type OF Power is best left in the hands of each Individual SIM Owner, OR Linden LAB to determine if an account is caught preforming illegal actions. I Have personally spent over $5000 USD in my account, And Own my own region, Why would I copybot people for when I have so many avatars I have purchased legally.

And IF I am still here after two Months, it quite appears that I have aparently not broken the TOS with illegally copybotting another persons work in SL.

• Snail Fashion Show   6 years 46 weeks ago

I added some stuff now it's fancier.better runwaybetter runway The Dates been set were doing this the 22nd this month so we need to start getting a list together on who wants to be in this If you have some Snail designs you want to be in this put your name on here.

• Fakie Fun   6 years 46 weeks ago

Congrats everyone, too bad i couldn't make it. Great Job ARTEEE!

• Wolves @ Polar Bears   6 years 46 weeks ago

congrats michael :D

• Millionaire, Mario, Memory and Metaverse Music   6 years 46 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the feedback. Paisley was a great interviewee and full of knowledge. The interview in its entirety was quite a bit longer though it had to be cut for time. Hopefully some day soon I will be able to release the full interview as a special.

Next week we have Pooky Amsterdam on the couch revealing the secret of the tinies.

• Millionaire, Mario, Memory and Metaverse Music   6 years 46 weeks ago

Zen and Paisley wonderful job! I enjoyed watching.

• Pop Explosion Machinima Contest   6 years 46 weeks ago

I posted a long list of credits (and further links) to entire 10-12 hours event involving 50+ creative minds!

Thank you.. all!

• Client Detection System   6 years 46 weeks ago

This was a very good show and I did feel I was watching something like a real life TV!

I'm one of the banned people in SL by Gemini CDS. It was strange to hear Ash speaking, sounding so nice and thoughtful. But he and his team have not replied to my appeals to tell me their answer. I wish this was done but I feel they do not care to reply.

I wish you all well, Ash also, even if he does not want it from me.

Rosh

(Roshina Opaline in SL, Wa Ngao Taluna Huntress, Jungles of Gor)

• Show Off Your Pimped Out Snail Here!   6 years 46 weeks ago

It was Video Game Theme this week. So grab a handful of quarters and lets look at the video game snail I came up with for this week.

Video Game Snail 1: PacSnail, along with the ghost rotating around itVideo Game Snail 1: PacSnail, along with the ghost rotating around itVideo Game Snail 2: And here is the snail from the other side, NES console, controler and zapper gunVideo Game Snail 2: And here is the snail from the other side, NES console, controler and zapper gunVideo Game Snail 3: And from the front, those are quarters dripping from the snailVideo Game Snail 3: And from the front, those are quarters dripping from the snail

• It's Video Game Theme this week on Snail Racing!!   6 years 46 weeks ago

good luck with the tutorial! haha
    will be more easy for you become to be a snail that to try to undersatnd what i am saying in my english there :)

• Pop Explosion Machinima Contest   6 years 47 weeks ago

I am delighted to be chosen for you to win this contest. The money has been closely guarded to invest in a good project that will soon mature audiovisual ...

Most importantly, give us the opportunity to participate, to show work and to develop the Second Life machinima.

To Claus thank you very much for your effort and dedication.

The jury thanks for watching my work

To all participants I wish you the best, most videos I love, are full of creativity, cinematic eye, pace and most importantly, talent

Thanks to all

Al Peretz "alkohn"

• Looking for the Giant Snail Races in world?   6 years 47 weeks ago

Look were on the map!!
    this should be sticky how do I do that?

• Snail Fashion Show   6 years 47 weeks ago

well 3 weeks puts it on the next RFL race so 4 weeks might be better

• Snail Fashion Show   6 years 47 weeks ago

The runway is beautiful!

OK, so now we need to schedule the show. I wonder if all the snails have any opinion about the date. I'd say we should plan out at least 3 weeks or 4 to get the planning right and all the snails signed up, get a commentator, etc.

Thoughts?

• Snail Fashion Show   6 years 47 weeks ago

The runwayThe runway
    Done!!

• Issues cropping a picture   6 years 47 weeks ago

I'm working on Chrome and it's the "Matt Ryan at The Daily PWN" picture in the Daily PWN section

• Issues cropping a picture   6 years 47 weeks ago

I'm going to try to recreate the problem on a testing version of the site using Safari, Firefox, IE7 and Chrome. I'll post results here.

• Issues cropping a picture   6 years 47 weeks ago

Can you tell me which image you're working with? The cropping does work most of the time, so the chief thing I need to do is be able to see this for myself, then I am sure I can help find out what the specific circumstance is where it doesn't. Also, the browser you are using is important for me to know.